Taliesin 3 Table Lamp
Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959) is recognized world-wide as one of the greatest architects of the twentieth century. His work heralded a new thinking in architecture, using innovation in design and engineering made possible by newly developed technology and materials. His creative ability extended far beyond the border of architecture to graphic design, furniture, art glass, textiles, and decorative elements for the home.
In 1933, when Frank Lloyd Wright converted the original gymnasium of his Hillside Home School, located in Spring Green, Wisconsin, into a theater, he designed lighting pendants composed of rectangular light boxes and plywood shields to be suspended from the tall ceiling. These fixtures proved to be a lighting innovation, providing comfortable indirect light without the use of glass or shades. In 1952, when the theater was rebuilt following a fire, Wright modified the design of the original fixtures for use in the dining room, attaching them to the oak beam overhead. He found their soft indirect light so pleasing that he had a standing floor lamp of the same design fabricated for use in his own home, Taliesin.
The Taliesin 3 lamp arrives fully assembled. Simply remove the lamp from the packaging and plug it in.
The lamp has (5) 7Watt incandescent bulbs pre-installed as well as a dimmer switch.
Because our lamps are manufactured by hand, please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Base: 9" X 9"
©/®/TM 2015, The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation. All rights reserved. A portion of the proceeds from sales of this product support the Foundation’s conservation and education programs.